Extractables & Leachables USA 2015 confirmed!
Extractables and Leachables USA 2015 will be taking from May 12-14th at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Bethesda- Washington D.C
Watch this space for more information
Extractables & Leachables USA 2014, May 7-9
The third E&L USA conference took place at the Sheraton in Silver Spring, MD on May 7-9 2014. Organized by Smithers Rapra the conference once again brought together the pharmaceutical supply chain and discussed the latest research in minimizing the risks associated with extractables and leachables. The conference provided a unique opportunity to bring the delegates up to speed with the current analytical methods, regulatory guidance and working group recommendations.
E&L USA 2014 attracted over 100 delegates- exceeding last year's record!
Just a selection of the companies in attendance included:
- TEVA Phamaceuticals
- Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceutical
- Sanofi Pasteur
- Baxter Healthcare
- US Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
View the full list of E&L 2014 attendees >>
Conference producer Hayley Marsden summarizes what the attendees enjoyed at last week's E&L USA below:
An opening address from FDA including case examples of E&Ls relating to biologics with extended time to pose their questions to the regulator
An interesting case study from Pete Watts at bibra on e-cigarettes that sparked much discussion regarding the safety and risk assessments of e-cigarettes
A different take on E&L analysis using TOC reconciliation presented enthusiastically by Sarah Robinson of VR Analytical
An in-depth session on pre-filled syringes from Novo Nordisk and Toxikon on different strategies for dealing with E&Ls from these devices
Posters presented by PQRI around the meeting room and further contributions from SGS, Thermo Fisher, Entegris and PPD
Plus many more updates from working groups and case studies from leading experts in the E&L field.
Great feedback from those that attended E&L USA 2014 ...
100% would attend the E&L conference again
100% rated overall conference experience excellent or above average
100% of workshop attendees would recommend to a colleague
See what the delegates had to say
- "The calibre of attendees at the E&L 2014 conference was incredible. Thank you for putting forth such a remarkable collaboration for industry leaders and facilitating networking within the pharmaceutical community to create the best products possible. We look forward to assisting attendees with their complex E&L and analytical needs throughout the drug development process and thank E&L 2014 for providing us such a wonderful opportunity to present our skills." Carl Gonzalez, Avomeen
- "Very satisfied, gained a lot of information from experts" L. Xu, AMRI
- "Fantastic intro to extractables and leachables, excellent source of up-to-date information. I am so glad I participated" H. Hertrick, Zenpure
- "Outstanding conference, I learned a lot" R. Bogseth, Baxter Healthcare
- "Well organized and good information" Y.Jiang, Ethicon, Johnson and Johnson
- "Another excellent programme on extractables and leachables, these meetings keep getting better and better" P.Watts, bibra
- "High quality conference in the field of extractables and leachables" S.Zhang, Medtronic
- "Good overview of industry with excellent case studies" R.Salzstein, Independent
- "An enjoyable and conducive environment to receive an onslaught of crucial/beneficial information. Very positive experience." S.Ward, Pearl Therapeutics
- "E&L 2014 provided a comfortable professional forum to establish and maintain business contacts as well as learning from and conversing with experts about the scientific and regulatory state-of-the-art" G.McGibbon, ACD Labs
Stay updated with the latest E&L news...
View photographs for E&L USA 2014 >>