Extractables & Leachables USA - 2013 had the largest crowd ever
E&L USA 2014 production will begin later this year. The E&L USA 2014 conference will take place in May.
Stay updated with the latest E&L news...
- "The individual speakers were top of the list in E&L experience and discussions and questions were very interesting" Jason Heimsoth, ABC Labs
- "A great opportunity to gain general knowledge from the workshop and build on it during the conference to better understand challenges that pharmaceuticals face" Anonymous
- "Well-organised, high quality speakers and sessions led by knowledgeable experts. Overall very good experience with great networking opportunities and great introductory workshop" Doug Kiehl, Eli Lilly.
- "I believe the overall knowledge within the room was above average and many people have years of experience that brought that experience to the conference. A great conference for beginners to experts to learn knowledge for anything E&L" Anonymous
- "The organisation, topics and quality of presentation of the conference are excellent" Jianfeng Hong, Fenwal
- "Solid speakers with great deal of experience. This is a key event for me annually to try and stay up with latest state of the E&L arena" Roger Pearson, Aspen Research
- "Excellent information on current and future initiatives in the E/L field as well as informative case studies presented by the leading experts in the field" Steve Zdravkovic, PPD
- "Logistics excellent, good balance of technical detail and practical knowledge" Gregory Pace, Sun Chemical
- "Excellent expert speakers, excellent information for all participants" Renaud Janssen, Datwyler
The second E&L USA conference took place in Providence, RI on May 7-9 2013. Organized by Smithers Rapra the conference once again brought together the pharmaceutical supply chain and discussed the latest research in minimizing the risks associated with extractables and leachables. The conference provided a unique opportunity to learn about the latest developments from industry practitioners and working groups to meet regulatory requirements and ensure compatibility in drug-package combinations.
E&L USA attracted over 85 delegates from 64 companies and 13 countries
Just a selection of the companies in attendance included:
- TEVA Phamaceuticals
- Sandoz GmbH
- GE Healthcare BioSciences
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.
- Baxter Healthcare Corporation
- Pfizer Inc.
- Eli Lilly & Co
Highlights from E&L USA:
Dr Ingrid Markovic, CBER, FDA will be speaking in the opening session of E&L USA on May 8th. Dr Markovic will be presenting an insight into scientific and regulatory considerations for Extractables and Leachables, including real life case studies supporting recommended analytical methods.Coupled with an introduction to E&Ls from Sukhy Toot at Smithers Rapra, this session will expertly set the scene and focus the discussions for the rest of the two day conference.
E&L poster sessions: the 2013 conference featured a poster session, in which E&L experts were able to demonstrate recent research or work related to all areas of E&Ls.
Delegate feedback from the 2012 event
Delegate feedback from the inaugural event was extremely positive and the conference program was particularly well-received. Special thanks goes out to all the speakers who presented at the event for their time and effort in delivering such high quality presentations:
"The conference material was very informative and the variety of delegates involved was good", Shawn Kieselman, Intertek
"Great talks, very informative", Christine Eckberg, ABC Laboratories
"Excellent balance of the issues and requirements surrounding E&Ls as well as the roles and challenges faced for the chemist and toxicologist", Anthony Schatz, Merck
"Very informative, got updated from the industry perspectives", Liwen Ye, Mylan Specialty
Not based in the US? Come join us at Extractables & Leachables Europe 2013, on December 10-12 in London, UK - more information to be announced soon!
View the E&L USA 2013 full program and keep your own copy of the brochure by clicking the button below..
>> Click here for more information on the European event